Google My Business Image Guide
Want to optimize your Google My Business profile?
High-quality photos make a strong first impression and attract more online visitors. The below guide walks you through the steps to add, remove, and optimize your Google My Business images.
There are three types of Google My Business photos:
- Profile photos: Help your customers recognize your business on Google.
- Cover photos: Showcase your page’s personality. Adding a cover photo automatically sets it as your listing’s preferred photo. This action doesn’t guarantee it populates as the first image for your business, but it does tell Google you prefer to display this photo. Individuals often mistakenly believe the profile photo is the preferred one. This is not the case!
- Additional photos: Add different photos to spotlight features of your business that customers consider when making purchasing decisions.
How to Add Google My Business Photos
- First, claim your Google My Business listing.
- Then log into your Google My Business.
- Navigate to the Photos tab in the left-hand column.
- Click on the type of photo you wish to add and walk through the wizard.
Your photos will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- Google My Business Profile Photo Size: 250 x 250 pixels (minimum 120 x 120; maximum 5200 x 5300)
- Google My Business Cover Photo Size: 1080 x 608 pixels (minimum 480 x 270; maximum 2120 x 1192)
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Minimum Resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
- Quality: The photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no significant alterations or excessive use of filters. In other words, the image should represent reality.
How to delete photos from Google My Business
Both admins and visitors have the ability to add images to your Google My Business profile.
You can easily remove any photos you uploaded yourself under the Photos tab in the left-hand column. However, if you wish to remove photos that visitors/customers uploaded, you will have to flag them.
You’re only able to flag the photos if they violate Google My Business’s strict guidelines.
According to the guidelines, the photos must be relevant and taken by users at the business location. Stock imagery is not allowed and may be removed.
If you notice that a photo uploaded by a customer violates the Google Maps photo policies, you can request for it to be removed. If you have additional questions, you can always contact us at rater8 or contact Google My Business directly.
Note: If you’ve come across content on Google that may violate the law, let Google know here. They’ll carefully review the material and consider blocking, removing or restricting access to it.
Flag photos in your account
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Photos from the menu.
- Find the photo you’d like to flag, then click the flag icon in the top right corner.
- Open the Google My Business app.
- Tap the menu , then tap Photos.
- Find the photo you’d like to flag.
- Tap the three dot menu icon in the top left corner, then tap Report photo.
- Created on .
- Hits: 522