What's the 7 differences between Joomla and WordPress
Joomla and WordPress are both popular Content Management Systems (CMS) used to create websites, but they have some key differences:
- User base: WordPress has a larger user base and is generally considered easier to use.
- Customization: Joomla is more complex and has more advanced customization options, but WordPress is more user-friendly and easier to customize.
- Plugins: WordPress has a larger library of plugins and more extensive documentation, making it easier to extend its functionality.
- Security: Both Joomla and WordPress are secure, but WordPress is generally considered more secure due to its frequent security updates and active development community.
- Performance: WordPress is generally faster and more optimized for performance.
- E-commerce: WordPress has more e-commerce options, including better payment gateway support.
- Community: WordPress has a larger and more active community, providing more support and resources.
Joomla is an open-source content management system (CMS) used to build websites and manage web content. It provides a range of features, including templates, extensions, modules, and components, allowing users to create custom websites without coding knowledge. Joomla is written in PHP and uses a MySQL database for storing data.
WordPress is a popular, open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It provides a platform for users to create and manage websites without needing advanced technical skills, through a user-friendly interface and customizable themes and plugins. It powers over 40% of all websites on the internet and is used for a variety of purposes including blogging, e-commerce, portfolios, and business websites.